Five 2-hour Sessions
Recommended for students grades 6 and up.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, used to build, structuring and style static webpages. See Make a Website Autobiography!
- Use event listeners and forms to solicit user input and interaction
- Enhance the user experience by storing persistent data
- Design an interactivity of their own
- Present and explain their work to peers and parents at the end of the week
- Day 1: DOM basics, simple interactions
- Day 2: Modifying attributes, styles, structure and content
- Day 3: Creating forms
- Day 4: Data structures, persisting data
- Day 5: Final projects and presentations
Students will have plenty of one-on-one attention, and the curriculum can adapt based on individual needs. Questions can be asked at any time. Time will be allocated for students to work on individual projects and ask for help. Creativity is highly encouraged!