Five 2-hour Sessions
Recommended for students grades 6 and up.
No prior coding experience necessary. Creativity and an interest in technology are recommended (math skills will come in handy as well for this class). Come excited and ready to learn!
- Establish relationships between variables
- Call and create functions to help with drawing tasks
- Use logical statements
- Handle user events and add interactivity
- Present and explain their work to peers and parents at the end of the week
- Day 1: Processing.js functions, colors, and shapes
- Day 2: Variables, math expressions, control flow, and animation
- Day 3: Events and user interaction
- Day 4: Loops, arrays, and starting of final projects
- Day 5: Feedback, final touches and presentation of projects
Students will have plenty of one-on-one attention, and the curriculum can adapt based on individual needs. Questions can be asked at any time. Time will be allocated for students to work on individual projects and ask for help. Creativity is highly encouraged!
Class Location and Organizer
Sign Up For This Workshop
2016 Class Portfolio
Check out some of the awesome projects made by last year’s students!